The Russian Hockey Map
A map, showing quite a lot of current Russian hockey teams (click here for a link that will open in a new tab)! A quick legend:
- Teams from the KHL (Russia’s top-tier men’s professional league) are in blue.
- Teams from the VHL (second-tier men’s pro) are in red.
- Teams from the PVHL (third-tier men’s pro) are in black.
- Teams from the Women’s Hockey League (top-tier women’s pro) are in green.
And a couple of notes:
- Right now (as of June 8th, 2018), the map shows teams from the KHL, VHL, PVHL, and Women’s Hockey League (ZhHL) — basically all of Russia’s senior professional leagues. In the next couple of months, I hope to add teams from the junior men’s leagues (the MHL and NMHL), as well as the Asia League, the amateur League of Women’s Hockey, and perhaps some others as well.
- The map is up-to-date through the 2017-18 season, and partially for 2018-19. To date, I have moved the three teams (Lada Togliatti, Ugra Khanty-Mansiysk, and HK Tambov) that are expected to join the VHL in 2018-19 to that league, and incoporated a couple of expected arena changes for some Moscow-based KHL teams. More updates to come over the summer, as the various leagues’ team rosters become official.
- Clicking on in the upper left will allow you to see how the leagues are colour-coded, and to add or remove them from view as you wish. It will also let you switch from map to satellite view.
- Clicking on (in the very top right corner) will open the map full-screen in a new tab.
- If you have any questions, or spot any errors, please do let me know via the comments or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- July 24, 2018: VHL and PVHL team lists updated for the 2018-19 season.